Thursday, April 2, 2009

The week so far and beyond IM


Yikes, work has been a huge mental drain this week, so the workouts have actually been a refreshing respite from all the crazy.

- Monday was a rest day, and, no I didn't mess it up by swimming.

- Tuesday I swam 2100 yards before work (had the gym's outdoor pool all the myself for 90 percent of it, which was pure bliss) and ran for an hour after work at about an 8:30 pace.

- Wednesday I biked inside for 45 minutes and bricked it for 15 minutes on the treadmill.

- Today I'm back in the trainer for an hour, and tomorrow I'm doing my weekly strength session (and maybe a swim).

More exciting than the training, though, is this - we're fixing to hike the Grand Canyon from rim-to-rim-to-rim in mid-October! Almost 50 miles and 21,000 vertical feet of climbing. I haven't hiked/climbed anything since Mt. Rainier in '03, and I'm looking forward to once taking on a physical challenge that also includes amazing vistas and wide open spaces. I've never even been to the Grand Canyon, so I'm incredibly excited about this opportunity, even though it comes roughly a month after IM Wisconsin. (Oh, well, I figure we've got all winter to recover...).
Cath and I will be part of a large group of family and friends, several of whom did IM Arizona with us in '07 (and will be doing IM WI with us this year), and climbed Mt. Whitney last year. They're great people, and we're excited to be part of this latest adventure.
More later.
Hope your week is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment