Friday, January 8, 2010

A little racin'



So, we're (finally) thinking a little bit about triathlon again after a nice, long break. Cath, Drew and I are signed up for a sprint race on June 5 called the Tri-Shark Triathlon Classic. It takes place in Bloomington, Illinois, about two hours from Chicago, and it's a race that Drew and I have wanted to do for a while now. The swim is 600 yards, followed by a 13-mile bike, and then a 5k run.

Can't tell you how nice it is to have something on the schedule. Now, I'm thinking about 1/2 IMs. Drew and Ross are leaning toward Steelhead again in August, but Cath wasn't thrilled with that race. May need to go back into committee for some more haggling. Personally, I'd prefer to do a new race, but we've hit pretty much all of the 1/2 IMs in this area (Racine and Muncie), and I don't think we're all that keen on traveling too far (i.e. flying) for a brand new one.

But, what do you think? Is there a killer 1/2 IM out there - 70.3 sanctioned or not - that deserves a spot on our '10 calendar?

3 comments:

  1. Are you planning on heading out this way at all this summer? There are lots of good ones here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Steelhead last year (despite the poor weather at the end of the race) and will be back again this year. The other 70.3 I am doing is the Rev3 Cedar Point one. I believe it is the inaugural event, but I have heard lots of good things about Rev3 event. You could probably get first hand knowledge of Rev3 from http://annesirondream.blogspot.com/ or http://triathlontrainingblog.com/. Also, there is a $10 off code for any race, just enter Trakkers102 at checkout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revolution3 has a 1/2 IM / IM at Cedar Point (Sandusky). That's what about 4 hours from ChiTown? It's getting some good reviews. I know a few peops doing the Knoxville version.

    ReplyDelete