Thursday, May 21, 2009

Memorial Day

Well, I'm off work tomorrow (Friday) and Monday, and I'm looking forward to a nice balance of training and relaxation time.

Last night, I busted out the trainer (because the winds picked up and I wussed out on battling them) and did my hour ride with three 5-minute pick-ups. Specifically, I went 20 minutes, did the first 5-minute interval, then spun easy for five minutes, and then on to the next interval. Felt good. I think the intervals are really going to help my overall fitness. Or kill me. One of the two.

This morning, I did 45-minutes on the Keiser bike and bricked that for 15-minutes, and I felt great the whole time. Tomorrow I'm going to swim a bit and do some strength stuff afterward (which I've neglected of late), and Saturday is our long run day - we're supossed to do a 30-minute warm up on the bike, then run Z1/Z2 for 75 minutes. Sunday, we're to ride 3 and 1/2 hours (with a 5-minute pick-up at the 3:20 mark) and brick that for 30 minutes. Whew.

Should make for quite a weekend. Cheers!

1 comment: