Friday, May 1, 2009

Phriday Phun

Nothing too exciting going on today - swam 1,600 yards this morning before work (ladder: 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 100 CD) and did a bit of strength training afterwards. Tomorrow, Drew and I are running for 90 minutes along the lakefront. Sunday, the Plan has us riding for 2 and one-half hours and bricking it for 15 minutes.

I'm on the hunt for a new pair of running shoes. I was a devoted Asics guy for many years, specifically the DS-Trainer line, but they made a few tweaks to it over the years (don't they always!?) and I cooled on them. I currently switch off between a pair of Ascis Speedstar 3s (longer stuff) and Nike Lunar Racers (shorter stuff). Honesly, I'm not thrilled with either of them - they're fine, but not great. No pain, or anthing, just not "Oh, these feel so GREAT to run in!"

So, I poking around, thinking about changing to some other model/brand. I'd like to go back to Mizunos, which I had for time a few years ago, but the arches on those things were crazy high and ended up giving me plantar. Or I might go back to the DS Trainer (which went back to a former last, and is rumored to be much nicer than recent versions). Or the Lunar Trainer, which is just a beefier version of the Racer.

(See, I told you today wasn't very exciting).

Anywho, that's all I got - have a great weekend, peeps.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer you have to switch shoes. I just buy the same ones over and over and over and pray they never change them on me!

    ReplyDelete