Thursday, January 22, 2009

On the upswing

Feeling a bit better today - hopefully, I've got this stupid stomach bug on the run.

Did an Expresso bike (http://www.expresso.com/) workout at lunch, which totally kicked my ass, but I feel great now. Did a (pretty measely) 1200 yard swim session last night, broken down into sets of 300 yards with a 100 yard cool down.

Sadly (or luckily?), we were shut out of the Horribly Hilly Hundreds (http://www.horriblyhilly.com/home.html) this year, which we had casually discussed doing as a means of getting a nice hill workout in relatively early in the training schedule. The race has gotten increasingly popular in the midwest, and the 2009 edition apparently sold out in 14 minutes. Yikes.

So, we may just try to organize some kind of informal training weekend in Madison around the same time and tackle some of the IM hills without having to pay a registration fee.

Tomorrow is a strength day.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deaner! (Does that give away where I know you from!)

    I can't wait to follow along!

    Just to throw out for you guys - there is a group that puts on a weekend 'camp' called WIBA (Wisconsin Ironman Brick Adventure). I think it's tentative for June 26-28. That's close(r) for you guys. You should be on the lookout for information regarding. It's the brainchild of IronWil at ThroughTh3Wall (http://throughth3wall.com/).

    Happy Training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I thought I'd tell you I'm following too Deaner! I'm assuming you know who I am by my real name since I did manage to trap your wife in the Atlanta Airport talking until she missed her flight. LOL. I'm following along because I'm nosy and like to read about people training for tris even though you couldn't pay me to do one!

    If you haven't figured this out by now, it's LG.

    ReplyDelete