Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And we're off!

Well, the 30-week death march, err, training plan, has officially begun. And, sure enough, there's already been a modification or three thrown in. Nothing major, just flipping a couple of days because of scheduling issues (ie, we'll be doing our long runs on Saturdays and riding long on Sundays, where the plan has it reversed).

The plan also has Monday as being a rest day every week, and I'm debating swapping that for another day for no other reason than I can usually fit a workout into my schedule on a Monday easier than, say, a Wednesday or Thursday. But I don't want to mess up the flow of the plan, so I'm still thinking about it.

We're also thinking of joining the Masters swim program at that college pool I posted about earlier. They have a 5:00 to 7:00 a.m. (gulp!) session every weekday, and Cath is interested in joining since our regular pool is going to be out of service for at least a couple more months. I was hesitant at first, mostly because of the added expense and some slight anxiety over being the slow kid in the Masters group, but now I'm warming to the idea. I'm thinking that the group atmosphere and set workouts will be way easier to stomach than solo swims in the Old Man Pool, and may end up making me a better swimmer, to boot. We wouldn't go every day, so the early mornings wouldn't be too bad. So we'll probably head over there some morning next week to check it out.

Today is a 30 minute ride followed by a 15 minute run brick workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment