Friday, February 13, 2009

Mini pool

So, despite a goodly amount of time talking (aka complaining) about swiming, I may not have mentioned that our condo building has an indoor swimming pool. I failed to mention it previously because 1) it just opened a couple of weeks ago, and 2) it's tiny. Not tiny like a wading pool, but still pretty small. Like maybe 30 feet long. Because of these facts, I haven't been up there to test it out, but because I have the day off, I thought I'd give it a try so as to avoid a trip to the Old Man Pool.

Honestly, it wasn't that bad. Lots of turns, of course, but I had the thing to myself, the temperature was fine, and I was able to get in 30 minutes (split into two equal segments) without dying of boredom. Now, 30 minutes is admittedly a pretty meek little swim workout, but it's still nice to know that we have a back-up pool available for brick workouts and whatnot.

Yesterday, I did 45 minutes on the treadmill at 8:30pace and a 1 percent grade with three hills thrown in to keep it interesting (5 minutes each, increasing from 1 percent to 5 percent grade). Tomorrow I'm back on the trainer for 90 minutes. Sunday well be out of town, so probably an hour run.

Our 30-week training extravaganza officially kicks off on Monday (or, rather Tuesday, since he has Monday as a rest day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment