Thursday, March 12, 2009

Compression



SO, I can't decide whether we're being cutting edge or completely gullible, but Cath and I are probably going to throw down for some compression clothes. For those of you who may not be familiar, compression clothing is relatively new to triathlon, but is taking off quick - various clothing manufacturers now have tops and bottoms that are designed to be worn either while you workout or to put on afterward and which are said to increase blood flow, flush the lactic acid from worked muscles, and generally make it easier to recover for your next training session. They basically look like regular running tights, shirts, and old school tube socks.

The jury is, I believe, still out on whether these articles of clothing really do everything claimed, but, given the demanding nature of IM training, we're inclined to give it a shot. We're looking at the Zoot line, which I've heard is the best out there right now. Be assured that a product review will be forthcoming.

As for today, I'm on the hook for a 45-minute ride after work. The swim, which is also scheduled for today, is getting pushed until tomorrow.

Cheers all - hope you're having a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Graeme and I are there already. I have the same socks as Cathy and we both have a pair of CWX tights. I don't run in my tights as much as Graeme, but they do feel good after a long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE compression. It works very well for me. I wear 2XU, I have the tights (for pre-workout and recovery), calf sleeves (for running) and recovery socks. It's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete